IS IT REALLY A POPULARITY CONTEST?!
In this day and time we are all living in, we all know how important it is to be popular and
accepted in the world's eyes. You might be reading this and thinking to yourself, "What's so bad about that?" Well,
here are a few verses that plainly explain why we should have no reason to want to be accepted by the world.
16. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring
forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17. These things I command you, that ye love one another. 18. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated
you. 19. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you
out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that
ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
1 John 2:15-17
15. Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world,
the love of the Father is not in him. 16. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and
the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he
that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
26. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what
shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
When we don't know Christ, we make choices as thought life were all we have. Is that true, or
isn't it? In reality, this life is just the introduction to eternity. How we life this brief span, determines our eternal
state. What we accumulate on earth has no value in purchasing eternal life. Even the highest social or public honors cannot
earn our way to Heaven. Evaluate all that happens from an eterenal perspective, and you will find your values and decisions
We love you all and GOD BLESS!!!
Till next time, Grant and Hannah Ledbetter